Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm hopeless. But I'm back and I promise that I'll do better from now.



Our Irish trip was really good but almost lost in the mists of time at this stage. We stayed with my folks for two weeks (me and the boys that is, Otherhalf had to go to Rome for work, poor thing) then we went to Otherhalf's family for two weeks passing through Cork on the way to visit my sister and brother. Met brother's girlfriend for the first time - she's seems like a mad woman - I liked her a lot. My two boys were OK. It took the 2.5 year old about 1.5 weeks to adjust to the jet lag and he acted out a lot. The little five-month-old was absolutely no problem. Everyone loved them especially their grandparents. One thing about taking two kids to another country is that it's not really a vacation (how insightful I am) - it's basically just the usual round of childminding, laundry, and food prep but in someone else's house. I do want to say thanks to my folks and to my brothers- and sisters-in-law for their hospitality - it's a lot to put up with four people for two weeks but they were all very easygoing and welcoming.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment