Saturday, June 13, 2009

Well I'm back in the land of the living or at least the land of high-speed internet. I was away, far away in the land of leprechauns, shenanigans, and shillelaghs. Actually I was in Ireland (I'm Irish) for the month of May and no-one that I stayed with had very good internet access, good enough to use uTorrent but that's another story.

The four of us (DH, me, and two small fellahs) left here on Sat 2nd May. We had a 30 min flight to DFW than a longer jump to Chicago then a really long ride to Dublin. Well Big D sat under a thunderstorm all of Sat so our half-hour trip turned into an 8 hour visit to the Twilight zone (that's right 8 hours, no exaggerating) including two landings in Austin to refuel the plane and, on the second occasion, the people. We finally booked into a hotel in Dallas at 1:30 am on Sun morning. All I can say is Thank Goodness for the mighty Crackberry because DH was able to reschedule our flights when we landed in Austin the first time. Otherwise we would have spent several days in Dall-suck-ass.

I could try to tell all about our holiday here but I'm going to break it into several posts over several days because two small boys don't allow for a lot of consecutive computer time and blogging....

1 comment:

  1. OMG...That's crazy!!! I look forward to hearing more about your trip. :-D

    ReplyDelete